Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Convention time!

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Albuquerque to attend the International Association of Pastel Societies (IAPS) Convention with two of my pastel buddies, Katherine and Jane. Very exciting! It will be three days of mingling with and learning from fabulous pastel artists whose work I've come to admire since my passion for pastels began a couple of years ago. Just to name a few, I'm thrilled to be registered to attend demos given by Desmond O'Hagan, Lorenzo Chavez, Margaret Dyer and Marla Bagetta.

I will take pictures and report back upon return!

In the meantime, I've discovered a new favorite pastel surface to work on ... Ampersand Pastelbord. So smooth and creamy with lots of tooth and I'm loving the board instead of paper. So of course I had to order a good supply which arrived today! Here is one I just did on the Ampersand. Adding to my apparent series of stuff on a blue and white napkin.


1 comment:

  1. Have a grand time. And if you get bored, the Atomic Energy Museum is open on Sunday mornings.

    Ha! You are so good.

    ReplyDelete